|3.8 Jaguar E-Type||Opalescent Silver Grey|
|Open Two Seater||Black|
|Left Hand Drive||Black|
|Belgian Motor Company|
|13 November 1961|
|R2177-8||22 November 1961|
|14 October 1961||Belgium|
|1961||Opalescent Silver Grey|
10 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 17 November 2003.
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Originality: Noted for being in "original condition"
Owner: Dan Vanden Berghe
Up till my retirement in 2002 I was a Director with Jaguar Belgium. In 1999 one of our former dealers died and in 2000 I was able to buy from his widow his original 1961 OTS flatfloor Type with 63.000 documented Km. Although not 'concours', the car is a pure 'time-wharp'. It shows its age and has a wonderful 'patina', not to be matched by 'fully restored ' exemples. The driving however is as thrilling as it was back in 1961 !(email)
Updated March 5th, 2009. Not legal proof of ownership.
Photos of 875797
Click slide for larger image. This car has 11 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (4)
Interior Photos (1)
Detail Photos: Interior (3)
Detail Photos: Engine (2)
Detail Photos: Other (1)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2015-08-26 12:20:07 | Bernard Marreyt writes:
Unfortunately Dan Vanden Berghe died this year (april 2015).
His widow entrusted me his time-wrap Original Belgian Flat Floor Jaguar E-type to be sold.
2016-02-20 23:14:21 | pauls writes:
With condolences to his family car listed as sold at:
Jaguar E-type SI 3.8 Flat Floor Roadster 1961 LHD
Although I am a bit sad this Jaguar E-type arrived into my stock after the passing of a family relative, I am however very enthusiast about the incredible qualities this very early E-type possesses. A Jaguar E-type the way I like it!
- 1961 car! Chassis number 875797 was constructed on the 14th of October 1961 and sold new in Belgium.
- Sought after Flat Floor Roadster in totally original unrestored and super sound condition.
- Full matching numbers. Engine: R 2177-8 Body: R 2018 Gearbox: EB 1295 JS
- Only 3 owners from new. First Belgian owner : 3 years. Second Belgian owner: 36 years. Last Belgian owner and former Jaguar Belgium PR Director: 15 years.
- Only 92.000 Km from new. From 2000 till 2015: 31.000 Km.
- In perfect running condition. General check up and gentle overhaul in 2001.
- Never restored. Only resprayed once in original Opalescent Silver Grey probably more than 20 years ago. Still having original black leather interior wearing a charming patina, black canvas hood and tonneau cover.
- Still possesses a very long list of typical early E-type 1961 features.
- Very, very well documented with original service booklet, first MOT dating from 8th of November 1962, original Philips radio customs declaration, ancient tax discs, Jaguar Heritage Certificate, correspondence with Jaguar historians Skilleter & Porter, correspondence with JDHT archivists Anders Ditlev Clausager & Tony O'Keeffe, correspondence with the JDC, litterature about Jaguar E-type, early Jaguar press photos, a mint original example of the Jaguar factory complete specifications and data printed before the announcement date of Wednesday the 15th of March 1961, etc...
What can I say more...?
Originality becomes more and more a key element for discerning classic car car collectors. This particular Jaguar E-type has it all!
2018-12-19 14:06:58 | Harry Stevens writes:
Imported into the United Kingdom from Belgium and registered 720UYY in January 2018. For sale at Classic Auto Sports of Inverkeilor for £220,000. Seller's description below.
This is a matching numbers car manufactured on 14th October 1961 and supplied to the Belgian Motor Company. In more recent times it has had a sympathetic restoration retaining its original hood and carpets along with being repainted in the original Opalescent Silver Grey. A very original car being offered on behalf of a client.