|4.2 Jaguar E-Type|
|Fixed Head Coupe|
|Left Hand Drive|
|Hornburg, Los Angeles|
|Other Jaguar||Newport Beach|
23 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 15 June 2005.
Changes to the database entry on this car are below; they do not necessarily mean the car itself changed (hide this).
2011-01-17 15:15:23 | XKE Data writes:
The record was updated:
Photos of 2R28501
Click slide for larger image. This car has 24 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (6)
Interior Photos (3)
Details Photos: Exterior (7)
Detail Photos: Interior (4)
Detail Photos: Engine (2)
Detail Photos: Other (1)
Restoration Photos: Front Suspension (1)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2005-06-14 10:11:14 | pauls writes:
Ebay item 6/14/05
Current bid $6,100.00 (Reserve not met), 10 bids, 6 days left in auction.
1971 Jaguar XKE 4.2 Series 2 Coupe
The XKE needs no introduction. As one of the greatest sports cars of all time, it is an extremely desirable classic today.
The E-Type, as it was also called, sports svelte lines, excellent road manners and practicality to boot.
This is an awesome collectible vintage sports car.
This here is a very original, one family owned driver from California.
It is a 1971 Series 2 4.2 Coupe in Silver with black leather interior.
It has lived it's entire life in California, owned by one family since new. With the exception of 1 re spray in the original silver,
and a rebuilt engine, it is almost entirely original.
A really cool item, the original window sticker survived with the car.
It has never had a spec of rust.
Structural integrity is everything, and this Jag is nice and original underneath!
All original panels, no patches, just factory sheet metal.
the spare tire wel original paint.
The owner's manual, jack, and lug wrench are all present.
The spare is the ORIGINAL Dunlop SP Sport.
The interior is 100% original and is still in very usable condition. The driver's carpet is worn through in spots.
Passenger carpet, still very good.
The driver's seat has a few small splits. The original armrest and the passenger seat are still very nice.
The dash top has a crack, and the a/c vents under the dash are a little bent, as usual.
Door panels are nice and tight, not sagging or warping.
The original headliner is nice, and the rear dome light works - it's on in this photo.
The rear cargo area is also pretty nice.
Almost everything works on the car, the exceptions being the a/c (compressor is intact), the radio, and the clock.
The engine was rebuilt less than 2000 miles ago. A new clutch was also installed. The engine block is non-matching.
The 4.2 Litre fires right up and runs beautifully, has excellent compression and good oil pressure. It drives very well. The clutch, steering, transmission and brakes are all nice and tight.
Here is a picture of the front frame area, nice and straight. The engine compartment frame rails and firewall are still in the original silver paint.
The emissions label showing it's a true 1971 4.2 series 2 model.
The body has nice gaps all around.
The paint is not extremely high quality, but it shines well.
There are some door dings and a few chips, but this is a driver.
The chrome is all original, and except for a few scratches and some dullness in areas, is very nice, with no pitting.
The rear window chrome strip is missing.
This is a small dent in the right rear fender. It is not serious.
The son of the original owner believes the mileage of 74,824 to be original.
If you are looking for a good solid original XKE coupe, this is your car. It's rust free, looks good, drives great, and is a very desirable color. It's also a TRUE 1971 and only one of 19 six cylinder coupes imported for the 1971 model year. Drive it now, and enjoy it without fussing over owning a trailer queen or hassling with a beaten down resto project. XKEs will never be cheaper and you know it. Start bidding!
Please ask any and all questions and read the terms below before bidding. Thank you and good luck! Terms of This Sale:
1) By bidding in this auction, you declare that you have read the Terms of this Sale as outlined below and agree to them.
2) If you are the winning high bidder in this auction, you are entering a legal and binding contract to purchase the vehicle, as outlined in the eBay User Agreement . Since bid retractions upset the auction process, any bid retractions without our prior knowledge and approval will cause the auction to end immediately.
3) California buyers must pay applicable sales tax and license fees. This car is being sold by Fast Cars of California, a licensed and bonded California auto dealer. The car may be viewed in person, by appointment at our location in Costa Mesa, California, prior to the end of the auction. We are conveniently located 7 minutes from Orange County Airport (SNA), and 40 Minutes from LAX. Please email for an appointment. If you have any questions, please ask them BEFORE you bid.
4) Please, bid on this car only if you are serious about owning it and have the funds available. Payment is due in full within 5 days of the end of the auction.
5) The car comes with a clear Certificate of Title. The vehicle is sold "as is, where is," with no warranty. Transportation is the responsibility of the new owner.