|4.2 Jaguar E-Type|
|Open Two Seater|
|Left Hand Drive|
|Work In Progress|
30 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 12 May 2003.
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Photos of 1R7892
Click slide for larger image. This car has 31 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (13)
Uploaded June 2008:
Uploaded April 2005:
Interior Photos (4)
Details Photos: Exterior (7)
Uploaded June 2008:
Uploaded April 2005:
Detail Photos: Interior (4)
Detail Photos: Engine (3)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2005-04-16 07:16:31 | pauls writes:
Ebay item 4/16/05
Current bid $5,466, no reserve, 11 bids, 4 days left in auction. Auction is based in Canton, Ohio, USA.
You are bidding on a Very nice 1969 xke 4.2 litre Jaguar Roadster. I have owned this cat a little less than a year. I purchased this car in Wisconsin (USA) off a owner who owned for 33 years. This car only has a mere 42,634 miles on it. This jag is not fully restored, or concours, but has lots of luster & shine, & tracks well down the road.
I have spent over $8,500.00 in receipts within the last 4 months on this red beauty ! Within the last 4 months, Jag has had new paint, rebuilt engine, new interior, and more !!
Vehicle ID # 1R7892
All numbers match.
Mileage: 42,634 original / past owner owned for 32 years.
* Engine : Correct original engine; Rebuilt 2 months ago with receipts. Very strong engine & runs great . Rebuilt includes the following and more; New Pistons , New rings , New Connecting rods, New Bearings, New upper & lower Timing chains, New valves, & Rebuilt Head. Carburetors were taken all apart & rebuilt. New hoses. New Belts, and other misc.
* Frame : Solid
* New Battery.
* Body : Brand New Paint ! Repainted red 3 weeks ago ! Looks great, Lots of luster & shine. Good rockers and trunk area.
* Front floors : New
* New Rubber trim for bumpers
* New Rubber weather seal trim around doors
* Brakes: New Brake master cylinder
* Clutch : New Clutch master cylinder
* Clutch Slave: New Clutch Slave
* Trunk Pan: Solid & nice
* Interior: Brand New; Looks great !! Trunk interior area new also.
* Convertible top: Fair shape.
* Convertible top boot: Included
* Factory HardTop!! Nice shape; Resprayed. New rubber seal on rear of hardtop. Hardtop alone valued at $ 3k- 4k - if you can find one.
* Chrome Wire wheels: Fair shape/ touched up with chrome paint in some areas.
* Chrome bumpers etc: Presentable but could be rechromed. Small dent on rear center bumper.
* Tires: Good shape
* Spare tire: Yes included with knock-off tool & hammer
* Air Conditioning : After market; Made by Cool Aire of Miami; Turns on but needs freon.
* Clock on dash may not work. I think this is a common problem with these.
* Original Blaupunkt radio: Works.
* No knowledge of ever any accidents
* Original tools: None
This car is ready for the road & summer fun !! A real head turner !!
2005-04-18 07:30:12 | pauls writes:
Above seller added the following comment, "The original color was a grey, not sure what Jaguar color name".
2005-04-25 09:07:32 | Steven D. writes:
Car was shown as being located in Birmingham, Alabama. Now seems to be moving to Canton Ohio.
2008-06-23 07:06:33 | pauls writes:
Car returns to ebay 6/23/08
Opening bid $25,000, no bids yet, 6 days left in auction.
1969 Jaguar E-Type Series II roadster, red with black interior with all matching numbers. This roadster is not concours quality, however it is a very good daily driver and a real head-turner. The engine was rebuilt in 2005, along with the installation of a new aluminum radiator making this a reliable vehicle. I drove it last year from Dallas to Houston and back to the Annual General Meeting of the Jaguar Club of North America with no problems (over 700 miles roundtrip). It has been shown at 7 different car shows, with one first place ribbon. The rag top was replaced in 2006; however, this XKE also comes with a hard to find hardtop also (no separate sales of the hardtop).
The paint in the vehicle is the down side. The prior owner had it painted by a cheap paint shop that did little to no prep before shooting. The bonnet has a couple of places where the paint has blistered - one being at the driver's louvers, right over the engine exhaust.
This Jaguar is a GREAT vehicle; I've driven it personally for 3 years and am selling it only because I've hand-restored a Series I from the ground up.