|4.2 Jaguar E-Type||Sable|
|Two Plus Two||Cinnamon|
|Left Hand Drive|
|British Leyland, New York , U.S.A.|
|12 February 1970|
|6 January 1970||United States|
|Work In Progress|
5 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 25 May 2007.
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Car Number Prefixes and Suffixes:
- 1R indicates the model is an E-Type Series 2.
Photos of 1R43460
Click slide for larger image. This car has 6 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (1)
Uploaded June 2010:
Detail Photos: Interior (1)
Uploaded June 2010:
Detail Photos: Other (1)
Uploaded May 2007:
Restoration Photos: Stripdown (1)
Uploaded June 2010:
Restoration Photos: Metalwork (2)
Uploaded December 2009:
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2007-06-14 23:24:56 | Current Owner writes:
US LHD 2+2 car. Last Registration 1989. Now residing O/S. Interior currently stripped. Mechanically sound. Awaiting restoration from poor 80's restoration.
2007-07-28 09:17:43 | Current Owner writes:
Car was originally purchased fully optioned: Power Steering, Automatic Gearbox, Chrome Wires w/ white strip tyres, Air Conditioning and Heated Rear WIndows.
Car is now completely stripped of all panels awaiting restoration.
2009-12-30 19:40:44 | Tom Herraman writes:
Restoration has ceased due to purchase of a SI FHC.
2010-06-01 00:56:42 | Ben writes:
Car is for sale on Ebay Bay Australia: (Classified Ad $25,000)
FOR SALE - 1970 Series 2 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
Car is in Adelaide, Australia. Please contact me with your phone number or email address to arrange inspection.
Car is mid restoration and 100% complete. I am happy to spend whatever time is required by purchaser to go through components and documentation. I also have a large number of photos from before the restoration as well as during. With a baby on the way this car needs to be sold.
Will take best offer before baby comes.
This ia an excellent opportunity for: Restoration of an original vehicle to concours standard; or creation of an E-Type / period race car or as a parts car.
Over $45k has been spent including purchase price (Invoices provided)
I purchased the car in 2007 from America sight unseen. When it arrived it was below standard to use as a daily driver as I had intended, as there was rust in all the lower panels (common story).
Since then the car has been:
* Stripped to every nut an bolt.
* All parts are documented in large plastic tubs.
* The monocoque and bonnet have been blasted and etched primed. The chassis was professionally realigned and is currently braced for body work.
* All the rusted panels have been cut out of the body and a significant number of replacement panels were purchased from SNG Barrett (cost $7k) Martin Robey (cost $1.5k). Some of these panels have been fitted to the body via tech screws, including inner wheel arches, lower rear quarters and new boot floor, LHS inner sill (body work invoices to date cost $12k).
* New complete set of E-Type Fab Engine Frames, Picture frame and Bonnet support ($3.5k).
* Bumper Bars repaired and rechromed (cost $800).
* Wire wheels cleaned and powdercoated (cost $650)(Currently used on my Series 1).
* Fuel tank has been cleaned, welded, tested, painted reassembled with new seals ready for use (cost $494).
* All hubs, bolts, brake calipers and front suspension has been zinc plated ($250).
* All Rear IRS components have been stripped, cleaned and and Powder coated. Axels and drive shafts have had new Hardie Spicer uni's. IRS seals and bearings included (from Soverign Auto)($2k).
* Engine turns over by hand ok and was running before car was disassembled.
* Rear brakes (inc handbrake) have been professionally rebuilt using new parts and new disks ($700).
* Moveable Frame for Chassis ($200)
* Full documentation including; Last Indiana USA Registration, Shipping Documentation, Australian Government Import Approval addressed to myself, Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust (UK) Certificate (Confirming all numbers) addressed to myself, Series II Drivers manual, all chain of title documents.
* Full ID included; VIN stamped picture frame, Original Jaguar build plate, Rear body tag, Federal door tag, and Windscreen body tag.
Vist my website www.etype.info
2010-06-02 21:01:22 | pauls writes: