|4.2 Jaguar E-Type||British Racing Green|
|Fixed Head Coupe||Beige|
|Left Hand Drive||N/a|
|British Leyand Motors, Inc., New York|
|27 February 1969|
|5 February 1969||United States|
|1969||British Racing Green|
30 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 19 May 2003.
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Production Record Trace Certificate No.11692
Photos of 1R25757
Click slide for larger image. This car has 31 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (24)
Uploaded February 2017:
Uploaded December 2015:
Uploaded April 2004:
Interior Photos (3)
Action Photos (2)
Detail Photos: Engine (2)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2004-04-14 07:51:04 | Wm. C. (Bill) Unger III writes:
This car was missing the build plate and I cannot find the Body Number. Although cuurrently painted yellow, the original color may have been maroon (inside fuel filler housing and cap and inside front wheel wells) or BRG (behind dash and seats). I purchased it from used car dealer in Boston. Engine runs very well with no extraneous noises. Gearbox a bit crunchy. Suspension rides solid. I replaced all hydraulics, rebuilt carbs, refurbished or replaced electricals. I repaired footwells. Body and paint respectable, but some rust beginning to show at door edge and behind rear wheels. Several layers of new metal over the years. Interior decent with recent leather and headliner. Exterior glass fair. Missing some trim pieces -- thh expensive ones. Bumpers perfect. Very good daily driver at half the price of many new econo coupes!
2004-04-16 13:06:20 | Paige Unger writes:
Uncle Bill, the care looks good! Dad will be green with envy I'm sure. Lot's of love! -Paige
2006-03-06 18:58:12 | Lofty writes:
great to drive
2006-05-28 21:38:16 | Bill Unger writes:
Original BRG found under fuel tank and behind dash; brake discs replaced, cylinders rebuilt, front and rear suspension rebuilt; still a great daily driver !
2015-12-06 13:33:17 | William C. Unger III writes:
A full "frame off, nuts and bolts" rebuild was undertaken by the current owner from February 2013 through March 2014 which included all new front sub frames, interior vinyl, leather, heat and sound proofing, dash cap, headliner, weather seals, electrical wiring and switches, rubber and fasteners, rebuilt and refinished suspension and brake components, instrumentation, and lighting. Replacement body panels and paint were professionally installed. The car was refinished to its factory delivered British Racing Green exterior. A light gray finish was given to the front sub frames, firewall, and bonnet underside as a tribute to the color scheme of the early racing D-types and E-types.
Mild "street modifications" that most people would never notice include wider, tubeless, center laced SS wire wheels with winged knock-offs and modern radial tires. Recessed XK8 side marker lamps and headlamps with integral turn signals give the car a smoother, "cleaner" look closer to the original Malcom Sayer prototype design. LED exterior lighting, halogen headlamp bulbs, and upgraded wiring with modern Bosch-style relays provide increased safety and reliability for driving on modern roadways.
Lower end bearings were replaced, camshaft valve lash adjustments were made, and the original synchromesh manual 4-speed was internally cleaned and resealed. Mild engine modifications include modern electronic ignition control, gear reduction starter, and ceramic coated exhaust header pipes. Otherwise, the engine has been left as the factory intended with dual Stromberg carburetors and having a claimed 245 hp. The rear differential has been replaced with a 1985 XJS unit which has a 2.87:1 gear ratio to replace the original USA supplied E-type ratio of 3.07:1. This simple modification reduces engine speed 1000-1500 rpm at highway speeds for a more relaxed motoring with reduced engine heat, mechanical wear, and noise.
2016-05-05 13:02:30 | Mark Shipley, aka, \"Moeregaard\" writes:
Very nice job on the restoration. I especially like the side-marker treatment--much better than the ones taken from the British Leyland parts bin and used on everything from the MG Midget to the E-Type.
2017-02-27 14:51:47 | Bill Unger writes:
I finally recalibrated the speedometer to match the changes caused by replacing the original 3.54:1 rear axle with a 2.87:1. I installed a Classic Automotive Innovations GPS unit under the dash into which the speedometer cable is attached. About the same price as if I had sent in the speedo head for recalibration after rolling the car and measuring the cable rotations.